Setting up Pay automation
Pay automation is a tool that automates your regular payments to employees. It involves entering default settings for each employee, then setting up an automatic payment to our Client Trust Account so our system can create and process pay runs for you.
Please note: pay automation will only work if all of your employees are paid the same amount and on the same day each pay cycle
Pay automation will not work if your employee's wages fluctuate each pay period, or you have different pay cycles for different employees.
Setting up pay automation
1. Set your default pay day/pay cycle settings
Head to account settings > pay day settings and make sure your default pay day (1) and pay period (2) are set correctly. All employees must conform to these settings for pay automation to work.
Hit 'update' at the bottom left of the page.
2. Set your employees' standard pay settings
Double-check your employees' standard pay settings under employees > your employees > employee name > standard pay.Refer to the standard pay settings guide for for information regarding different standard pay options.
1. Check the pay rate is correct.
2. Check the tax code is correct.
3. Check the default entries are correct. The system uses the default entries here to create the employee's timesheet. In the example above, the employee's gross will be 20 X (8x5) = $800.
If you've made any changes, make sure to hit 'save' at the bottom left of the page.
3. Create a template pay
On the dashboard, click the create a new pay button. This pay will act as a template for the following pays which will be automated.
1. Check the pay day and pay period dates are correct. You can change these using the calendar icon if necessary.
2. Choose the plan type.
3. Click default pay to create a pay based on your employees' standard pay settings.
4. Check the 'you deposit' total. This is the amount and day of the week you will need to set up an automatic payment for. Using the above screenshot as an example, the AP would need to be set up on a Monday for a pay day of Thursday on the two-day free plan.
Please note: you may need to manually alter your automatic payment in the event of a public holiday.
4. Activate pay automation
Head to account settings > pay automation and click activate automation.