Setting up a Contractor
This guide covers how to set up contractors. Our system can accommodate contractors who are on withholding tax (WT). We are not set up to handle fully self-employed contractors.
1. Add new employee and enter their basic details
Follow this link for how to set up an employee
2. Standard pay settings
- On the left-hand side of the standard pay tab, select WT as the tax code. If the employee has a special tax code (STC), you can select this from the drop-down menu below.
- The system will default to 20% tax. You can change this figure in the box.
3. Leave settings
- Select 'included in exisiting pay rates (don't pay)' for contractors with no leave entitlements.
- Select 'yes' only if the pay rate entered in the standard pay settings is inclusive of any holiday entitlements. This will show the holiday pay amount in a separate line in the pay summary on the employee's timesheet/payslip.
Select 'no' if the employee has no leave entitlements.